Mirror Mirror on the wall,tell them, “This one is for the lazies in y’all!”
Hey there! How are we doing today? Good I hope.
Washing my hair has always been a big , big headache for me, and especially when I have to attend some party or a get-together. Because then, I am so short on time ( what with all the time required to wash plus conditioning plus drying plus styling the hair ), that I have to choose between washing my hair or getting late. Add to this the fact that when we do go out (albeit late) we are exposed to the same dust and dirt that we have just removed, and as a result the cycle repeats itself. And we are looking at the “Hair-wash Trap”. Unlike most traps, this trap does have an escape, for that odd day when you do have to wash your hair but don’t have the time. And that escape is *drumroll* THE DRY SHAMPOO – For the lazy in all of us.
Dry shampoo is a great option if you are in a rush. It makes flat, greasy, and even soiled hair, look presentable in a flash. Now, dry shampoo comes in various forms – as a spray, in and in powder form too. While basic dry shampoos just soak up oil, the best ones give you clean, water-free, bouncy and fresh-smelling hair. It has numerous advantages-
- Adds volume, and body to your hair that will last the rest of the day.
- Use it overnight to get perfect hair in the morning ( if you plan to skip hair-wash in the morning). Spray on roots and tie hair in a top-knot to get the desired result.
- Quick defense against humidity to prevent flat and greasy hair.
- Perfect for after-workout sessions to soak up that sweat and smell.
- Guys can use it too. The perfect companion for your pre date preparations and after gym hang-outs.
Now to how to apply this product. Well its simple (and quick too).
- Position the can 10-12 inches away from your roots, lift half-section of your hair up, and spray.
- Use your fingertips to blend the dry shampoo.
- If you suffer from excessively oily hair, spray a little amount of dry shampoo on your brush. And gently glide the brush from your roots to tips.
Currently, I am using Percy and Reed London’s Dry Shampoo (pictured above), which I bought from Sephora store for Rs.1800. And to be honest, I am in love with this one. Many more brands are available,best of which are-
Tresemme Fresh Start ( Rs. 800), Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo ( Rs. 850), Loreal Professional Tecni Art Fresh Dust Shampoo (Rs. 950), Schwarzkopf got2b Rockin It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo (Rs.1500), Keratin Complex Volumising Dry Shampoo Lift Power (Rs.2500).
Also you can make your own Dry Shampoo, to overcome those end of month funds shortage or unexpected outage of your favorite product. Just sprinkle some Baking Soda onto your roots and massage gently until your hair feel fresh. You can also check online for more DIY Dry Shampoos.
So that’s it for today. Thank you for the support. Your suggestions are most valued. Will see you with my next post. Till then,